Since I made a mental promise to myself that I would update this blog at least once a week, that’s what I’m doing today. Updating. Although there has really been no changes in my “medical” life; just a couple more aches and pains and what not. My appointment isn’t until the 27th though, but I am keeping that list nearby…with a pen so that the next concern I have I can write down. At least this way if I chicken out when we’re at the doctors, I can hand him the paper with all of my concerns written down. I find it easier to write out my thoughts then to say them…I guess there’s just more time to do so.
So today I finally had my interview with the recreational group for the developmentally handicapped that I worked at last summer. I was under the impression that the interview was basically just a formality, and that previous summer students automatically got the job…but I’m not too sure that rule applies to me. I know it applies to G.C (former summer student and co-worker), but the board likes G.C a lot better then they like me. I’m different, I stand out. I don’t believe that the old way is the only way. I’m open to changes and new things, and I make myself heard a lot of the time. Plus I really agree with the direction that G.A (the program director the board apparently dislikes a lot) is trying to take the rec group in. Anyways, back to my story…I was interviewed by 3 members of the board and not G.A at all. I think it went well, but who knows really? I think a lot of my interviews go well…but I don’t always get the jobs.
So I find out in a couple of weeks if I got the job or not. I am really nervous about it. There is a tiny part that sort of hopes I don’t get it, because I would like to work at Community Living, or perhaps get a couple surgeries done. I do need money so yet again I might be putting surgeries on hold. No worries though, if things get super bad and hard to handle I’ll definitely go in for an operation. Knock on wood that things don’t turn out that way though!
Anywho, so those are basically the only updates in my life (as of this moment).
So now on to the meme section of today’s post: Laurie over at A Chronic Dose tagged me in this here meme, so I figured I should do it before she beats me up with a balloon for not doing it or something 🙂 I’m touched that she thinks I’m honest! I’ve always tried to be with my posts, and sometimes it doesn’t feel like I’ve really made any sense but thats ok. Anyways, it’s called 7 Random Things, and clearly I will be stating 7 random things about myself that you probably didn’t know (or hopefully don’t anyway).
1. When The Lion King first came out, I was about five and I used to pretend I was a lion cub. It was lots and lots of fun! That moved me to want to be a cat when I grew up. I remember this only because I’ve been told (by my older sisters and parents). You definitely wouldn’t know that about me because it’s not something I’d really want to admit!
2. I used to have a really insane crush on William Moosely. For those of you who don’t know him, he’s the guy who played Peter in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. In my opinion, he was one sexy beast. I was about 15 or 16 during this crush…my dad brought me home the movie while I was recovering from an operation and it was all I would watch. I planned out our entire life together. I blame the drugs.
3. I am absolutely horrible at styling my own hair. All I do with it is brush it and leave it down. When I’m not feeling so lazy, I’ll put it up in a pony tail. I’ve tried to do something else with it but I really just lack the creative hairstyling gene that all my sisters seem to have got.
4. I still play Neopets and cruise Mugglenet on a regular basis.
5. I wrote a Harry Potter fan fiction while I was recovering from one of my many surgeries that can be found here. It’s not finished yet, and I’ll probably never finish it…but it was a fun way of wasting time.
6. I have always wanted to play lacrosse. It has always looked fun! I’ve also always wanted to learn how to figure skate. My sister used to do it, and it looked easy to me but whenever I tried I always ended up on my butt! I also want to go horse back riding and have my very own pony or horse. That didn’t happen either 😦
7. I’m a very weird person in person; a lot of the time I can be overwhelming. I act like I’m on narcotics because I say and do really weird and random things, but I’m not. I’m just…weird. In a good way 🙂
So ya, time for the rules:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So the people I am tagging are:
Sarah from A Child’s Romance – because I would love to hear some random things about her!
Jessica from So Supercilious – because she reminds me of myself, so she’s gotta have some hilarious random facts!
Bennie from A Work Of Art: Raising Our Exceptional Son – because he has such an amazing insight, and a remarkable son who’s touched my heart.
Karen from Karen Sugarpants – because I have always looked up to her and been inspired by her.
Thursday’s Child from Musings of Thursday’s Child – because he’s gone through a heck of a lot, and takes wonderful pictures…and I enjoy reading him!
Avitable from Avitable: Tact is for Pussies – because I sincerely doubt he can shock me anymore and I’d like to see him try!
NYCWD from A Pile of Dog Bones – since he has always been one of my favourite bloggers!
…and ya, there are my seven people. Anyone else who wants to do this meme, feel free!